Do you want to showcase your works and be renowned? Do you want to get hired easily if you are a fresh graduate? If so, then follow our advise today!
It’s high time to create your online portfolio now. Lots of people are unemployed and new graduates are coming in. This means you have lots of competition coming your way in finding a job. Having your online portfolio enables your employers and other companies see your works and resume directly whatever day and time they want.
Introducing the Latest Trends in Web Design
We made mistakes. Flash designs are not in these days. Using built in sitebuilder from different web hosting companies won’t give you awesome sites. It’s time to embrace new trends for websites designs. Responsive designs are way too useful in order for your website to look awesome on laptops, desktops, smartphones and tablets.
Top 5 Online Portfolio Themes for WordPress
- 907 – a great one page Parallax WP responsive theme with tons of options and features. Unlimited color and background options.
- Essenza – a perfectly responsive and beautiful WordPress grid portfolio with premium options
- Wonder – a nice, beautiful, powerful & simply wonderful Portfolio / Gallery WordPress theme
- Hercules – clean, minimalistic and responsive WordPress theme for your portfolio or business
- Bigbang – fully responsive theme and ability to photostream from Instagram, Flickr, Dribbble, and Pinterest
Want to see more portfolio WordPress templates? Feel free to click here for other WordPress portfolio themes.
What is the Next Step?
Do you believe that the general shift toward mobile makes it more important than ever to ensure employers to view your online portfolio on whichever device they are using? You should try a Responsive WordPress theme (RWD). RWD provides a customized viewing experience for different browser platforms, i.e making sure your website does not suck when viewed on other devices especially on mobile phones and tablets.
- Buy a hosting account if you do not already have one (about $10/month)
- Buy and download a gorgeous theme of your choice from above (less than $60, one time)
- Install WordPress on your hosting account (use QuickInstall if using Hostgator as hosting)
- Upload the theme to your WordPress site
- Configure your site and upload your design, photos, videos, work, etc.
Now that you have been revealed with the most cost-effective option to make a good-looking website, what hosting do you use for this beautiful portfolio site of yours? Our recommendation is Hostgator for hosting your WordPress site(s). You can try Hostgator for $0.01 only and use the coupon code WEBSITELAUNCH. You can also save 25% from your first bill using coupon code WEBTEMPLATE.
The steps may sound complicated but it is really straightforward. You should be able to show off your online portfolio in about 4 hours. If by any chance you have any query or problem with setting up your site, feel free contact your friendly hosting support to give you a helping hand.