Looking for a Justhost review? If you want a web host with absolutely zero complaint, tech support that solves all your problem within 5 minutes, and a web hosting that doesn’t care if you upload 50,189 MP3 songs to your hosting webspace via FTP; then DO NOT get the hosting plan from Justhost. But if you mostly want a very affordable beginner-friendly hosting, with free domain name, easy-to-use Sitebuilder and cPanel, and polite customer support, you’ll like Justhost just fine.
Justhost Review – Justhost.com Complaints and Praises
From the above chart, you can see that Justhost is one of the most popular web hosting service today. No wonder they have so many customer reviews – both the favorable ones and the not-so-friendly feedbacks. There are more Justhost reviews than reviews for any other company in the budget hosting category.
In addition, you should consider taking the negative feedbacks about any web hosting with a pinch of salt. According to a study conducted by America’s premier customer services research firm, TARP, customers are more likely to speak about a company when things go wrong rather than when they go right. On average, customers are twice as likely to talk about a bad experience or when they think “Justhost sucks” as they are to share a positive experience. So we can safely say that for every negative comment about Justhost, there are two more good Justhost reviews we did not hear about. Being such a very popular web hosting of choice, there will be more reviews about Justhost as compared to other hosting services.
If they have so many clients and the numbers are growing, they must be doing something right. If you are paying $4.45 for Justhost, you cannot expect the same service as Hostgator which is more than double that price, or InMotion Hosting at triple the price with less features included.
Justhost Hosting: the Pros
Top reasons why so many people are using Justhost to host their websites, making Justhost one of the top 10 most popular web host today:
- Cheapest price $5.95 for 24 months; or $4.95/mo for 36 months subscription as compared to other popular web hosts like Hostgator or InMotion Hosting
- One-click Installer for popular apps such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and many more
- Easy-to-use & beginner-friendly Site-builder for quick website creation
- Host multiple domains – you may start with one domain at first, but most people will want to get more domains later on, so no need to get a new hosting plan.
- Free domain included – if you are new, save the hassle of configuring DNS settings at a different domain name registrar like Namecheap or Godaddy.
- Use of cPanel – other cheap web hosts does not include the easy-to-use cPanel
Justhost Web Hosting: the Cons
- 10% resource usage limit
- Customer support via phone is subpar
- No upgrade option to VPS. If you need dedicated hosting, they will recommend moving to Singlehop
Justhost Web Hosting For Who?
In short, Justhost is highly recommended for beginners who require the most affordable and quick website using their popular and user-friendly Site Builder. If you want to use cPanel, Justhost is one of the cheapest cPanel hosting around. Justhost is also suitable for new to experienced bloggers who need a blog platform such as WordPress. The one-click installer comes in handy when installing web applications including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, phpBB and many more. Justhost is also recommended for small to medium businesses websites. Therefore, know your requirements. Justhost may not be suitable for everyone.
Our Verdict: JustHost Does Not Suck
Use the coupon below to subscribe with Justhost at a huge 50% discount.
However, we feel that we are obligated to also tell the so-called “bad” side of this web hosting service. Many people has been complaining that when they opted for the money-back guarantee, Justhost did not give them the full refund and kept $20 for domain registration. It is not your fault that you have to be extremely careful when purchasing anything on the Internet because there are so many scams out there. However, not refunding domain name is common in the money-back-guarantee terms for all budget web hosting packages that offer free domain registration. Try other companies like Fatcow, iPage, Bluehost, Hostmonster, Webhostingpad or other web hosts giving free domain names, and ask for a refund from them. They will keep a domain fee of $10 to $20 for each domain.
Domain names registration are paid yearly and handled by domain name registrars. Most web hosting company including Justhost will purchase your domain name from a domain registrar such as eNom and this purchase is not refundable (the only exception is SBI, and they can give you all your money back even up to 90 days, but they charge much more monthly, than Justhost). So, Justhost (or any other budget hosting) will not refund that domain name portion. Period. However, you should be able to transfer the domain to a different web host or domain registrar.
Web Hosting Tip #1: If you think a domain is too valuable, you should first register it at a domain registrar such as Namecheap or Godaddy. You can easily point the domain to the hosting server. Use the free domain name given with Justhost hosting plan for a different extension of your domain name, i.e the .NET, .ORG or .CO.UK, if you have registered the .COM version.
Other than that, it has been reported by many of our readers that Justhost has a limit of 50,000 inodes. In other words, they can suspend your account if the number of files in your hosting account exceeds this limit. If you are planning to host a file sharing website, host blackhat scripts that auto-generate pages, or if you want to share warez or copyrighted materials, then you should stop here. Do not proceed with Justhost. For normal website hosting purposes, 50k limit is more than enough. You will not be having 50,000 static pages or files in most cases because even huge websites running WordPress, Joomla or other popular forum applications creates pages on the fly and have only a few files or PHP scripts on your account. If you go to other web hosts such as Bluehost or Hostmonster, they have the same inodes limit and their monthly prices are much higher.
Web Hosting Tip #2: Although they say they give “unlimited” storage and bandwidth, do not use your hosting account for storing, archiving, or backing up files not related to your website. If you absolutely need to have more than 50k inodes, use Hostgator. They allow you to have inodes of above 50k but your account will not be included in their daily backup.
Another commonly reported problem is that addons such as domain privacy, advanced system backup, SSL certificate, dedicated IP address, etc are not refundable. If you do not use any of these addons, then you do not have to worry about not getting full refund from the money back guarantee. Most other web hosts do not provide these addon for free either especially if you get such a low price.
Please note that daily backup is not included by default. This costs extra at Justhost. If you think you surely need daily backup and you do not know how to keep a copy of your website on your desktop, try Hostgator. They promise regular backup but we are not sure if you can simply request for a copy at your convenience at no cost.
Web Hosting Tip #2: Make sure you do not opt for additional add-ons at checkout if you are not sure what they are. You can always add them on later.
Our Verdict: JustHost Is Not a Scam
Who Should Avoid Justhost
We try not to be biased when we do reviews and with Just Host, it is no exception. We believe they are pretty cheap especially for personal, family, hobby or club website.
- If you are a fast growing business with visitors of more than 2000/day, Justhost will look like a scam hosting for you as your account will get suspended quickly because of your website taking too much of their server resources. We recommend you look at the business web hosting company like inMotion hosting.
- If you have no experience in building website and planning to start an online business from scratch, you should look for a hosting that helps you build online businesses, not just build a website. If your goal is to build a profitable Web business – Justhost is NOT FOR YOU. You need a host like SBI that provides proven process and a tech-free, complete set of site-brainstorming-building-hosting-and-marketing tools. You do not have to believe us. You can try it for free yourself.
So, if you are not one of those super successful website owner or have a goal of making really big in online business, click here to start hosting at a budget price with Justhost.
JustHost one-price plan comes with unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, no limit to add-on domains, no limit for e-mails and MySQL. If you do find a better host a the same or cheaper price, please do post a comment here and hostingthatsuck.com may retract this recommendation or recommend an alternative.
Do you want to have a website today?
So stop wasting your time. Would you agree that finding a good web hosting can be tiring and time consuming, when you should be building your blog, designing your company website or selling your product? Why not take a look at the latest JustHost promotions today and start building that website.
JustHost comes with 30-day money back guarantee so there is little risk to you to try host your blog, build company website or sell your products with them. Not sure if you will like their hosting plan? Sign up for a 6-month plan and avoid the longer ones. You can request back your money if you are not satisfied, as their plans are backed with their Anytime Money Back Guarantee. Follow the JustHost discount link below and get their special limited time, Unlimited Everything (unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email, unlimited MySQL, host unlimited domains) offer for as low as $4.45/month (normally USD6.95). You do not need any JustHost coupon code at this price and value.
Hesitate no more. Sure you don’t want to delay building your blog or website any longer, do you? First things first. You can start today:
Get JustHost Special Promo 50% OFF
PROMO / COUPON CODE: Use the code below at checkout – and get their hosting plan at additional 50% discount! Hurry and signup today because the discount code may expire the next time you visit.
If you are not convinced or think Justhost is not right for you, here is a list of alternative hosting to choose from:
- InMotion Hosting. Custom-fit packages priced from only $3 monthly! You pay for what you need and all business class packages come with cPanel, eCommerce-ready, streaming audio/video, flash and macromedia shockwave support. Our InMotion hosting review is as good, if not better than about Justhost. If you have any doubt at all about Justhost, we suggest that you get inMotion hosting instead.
- Hostgator for more inodes limit, better smtp sending limit, and reseller hosting packages. Check out the Hostgator coupon code 2014 that gives that lets you try the unlimited hosting plan for a month for only a penny.
- SingleHop for cheapest dedicated server. Read Singlehop review and find out why they are one of the best in their niche.