You know how so many people ended up with a bad web host and jeopardized their business because of that? If you came to this page, you probably have decided not to make the same mistake of choosing a web host that sucks. Based on our research, there is no such thing as the best web hosting and there is no perfect web host. iPage Hosting is no exception.
iPage Web Hosting: The Advantages
Here are why so many people are using iPage to host their websites, making iPage one of the top 10 most popular web host today:
- Cheapest price compared to other popular web hosts
- Best value for all the included features
- Easy-to-use & beginner-friendly Site-builder for quick website creation
- Host multiple domains – you may start with one domain at first, but most people will want to get more domains later on, so no need to get a new hosting plan.
- Free domain included – if you are new, save the hassle of configuring DNS settings at a different domain name registrar like Godaddy or Namecheap.
iPage Web Hosting: Disadvantages
- Sub-par billing system
- No option to upgrade to VPS or dedicated hosting
- Customer support although fast and polite, is not the most knowledgable
- Upsell and confusing offers – as with many other budget hosting including Godaddy, there will be some kind of upsell for these companies to make extra income from unknowledgeable users (who does not do due diligence before purchasing – you obviously not one of them since you are spending time learning about iPage right now)
To summarize, iPage is highly recommended for beginners who require affordable and quick website using their popular and user-friendly Site Builder. iPage is also suitable for new to experienced bloggers who need a blog platform such as WordPress. The one-click installer comes in handy when installing web applications such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. iPage is also recommended for small to medium businesses.
Our Verdict: iPage Does Not Suck
Some of the bigger problem we heard about iPage is the billing fiasco. Some people mentioned that they kept getting billed after they cancelled their account. We do not know how much this is true because iPage is currently hosting more than 1 million websites and the number is still growing.
If it is really a scam, the authority must have cracked it down by now when hundred thousands of customers are at risk. In addition, you can easily avoid the credit card billing problem. We recommend that you sign up using Paypal instead of using a credit card. It is much easier to cancel a subscription on Paypal, and vendors cannot simply bill and charge your Paypal account without your permission.
There are reports about customers being overcharged for using Sitelock. Sitelock is a service for cleaning web pages from malware. Sitelock is an independent service offered by iPage. You do not need to take this service! Just signup with the basic hosting plan and take good care of your password and login credential. Also make sure you update whatever application you are running on the hosting, such as WordPress, Joomla, Opencart and so on.
According to a study conducted by America’s premier customer services research firm, TARP, customers are more likely to speak about a company when things go wrong rather than when they go right. On average, customers are twice as likely to talk about a bad experience as they are to share a positive one. So we can safely say that for every negative feedback about iPage, there are two more good iPage reviews we did not hear about.
Verdict: iPage is Not a Scam
iPage hosting plan includes free domain name with the package; unlimited disk space and bandwidth; 24/7 North American phone support; fully compatible with Blogging systems like WordPress, PixelPost, b2evolution; forums applications such as Gbook, phpBB, SMF; Photo Galleries like Gallery2, Coppermine, ZenPhoto; CMS such as Joomla, Drupal, Mambo, e107; E-Commerce software like Agora, PayPal, osCommerce; with Google Adwords Free $50 Credit; Yahoo! Search Free $25 Credit and much more. If you did try it, please give us your feedback. If you haven’t, why not take a look at the latest iPage promotions today and start building that website.
Money Back Guarantee & iPage Coupon
iPage comes with anytime money back guarantee so there is little risk to you to try host your blog, build company website or sell your products with them. Follow the iPage discount link below and get their special limited time offer – save 80%. Use iPage coupon code below to save today.
Hesitate no more. Sure you don’t want to delay building your blog or website any longer, do you? First thing first. If you are a beginner who needs a quick website using easy-to-use Sitebuilder or a blogger, you can start hosting at iPage. Click on the iPage coupon below for 80% discount:
When Not to Use iPage
If you are a beginner, please skip this section as you may not understand some of the terms used below. If you are not a beginner or blogger looking for the cheapest and most affordable web host, then you may now like iPage. Here are more reasons why not to use iPage:
- You think you will have more than 2000 visits per day
- You need cPanel or Fantastico
- You need cron jobs
- You will have more than 50,000 inodes
- You need specialized help on things other than hosting a website – such as search engine optimization, designing complicated website, e-commerce, bulk domain registration and so on.
- You get easily confused with upsells
Instead you will have to use a premium hosting like Hostgator. We highly recommend Hostgator for advanced users. Hostgator plans are more expensive, but you get what you pay for. You can save 25% (recurring) by using the coupon code below.
You need this coupon code to get 25% recurring discount from your bill at Hostgator